10 Reasons to Choose AMG
Traditionally, associations have hired their own executive directors and staff, run their own facilities and managed their own assets. The trend today: hire an association management company.* This trend reflects the ever-growing need to trim costs and become more efficient.
There are any number of association management companies you might hire, but there are marked differences that could impact the achievement of your objectives. Here’s why you should consider AMG:
- Time better spent. Choosing AMG will allow your leadership to focus on important policy and strategy issues rather than administrative duties.
- Expertise your association needs. AMG’s experienced staff can provide specialized services in all areas—not just a few—when you need it, and for a fraction of what it would cost to hire such talent as full-time staff.
- The magic of shared resources. Overhead costs are shared by all of AMG’s clients, resulting in a wide array of resources for your association at a lower cost.
- Leading-edge technology. Our equipment and resources will help keep you competitive. Few associations can afford the level of technology AMG has available.
- A purely professional staff. Operating with volunteer staff has its drawbacks: lack of continuity in leadership, lack of professional expertise and lack of hands-on experience. The dedicated AMG staff presents outstanding credentials and works tirelessly to keep your association performing at its best.
- No personnel headaches. Compensation, benefits, withholding tax ... AMG can handle it all, and more.
- Growth on demand. As your programs expand, we’ll expand with you, adding staff as needed.
- A quantum leap in member-service quality. Your members will speak with a trained membership representative (not a receptionist) who understands that members are the association’s lifeblood. Requests are immediately addressed.
- A shorter learning curve. The cumulative experience of AMG’s staff is immeasurably valuable in the face of uncharted territory. Tap AMG’s expertise to learn what to do, what not to do and how much it will cost, all without reinventing the wheel.
- Strong purchasing power. Over the years we have cultivated exceptional connections with hotels, print vendors and other necessary suppliers of association needs — connections that strengthen our bargaining power, a direct benefit to you.
To learn more details about AMG’s capabilities, view AMG's services.
* Re-Assessing Effective Association Management: 1995 Survey of Elected Leaders. Sumaria I. Mohan-Neill, Ph.D., and Alan G. Krabbenhoft, Ph.D., Walter E. Heller College of Business Administration, Roosevelt University, Chicago.